As both a technical expert and experienced manager, you will recruit and lead engineers in Mexico to develop this project's important technologies that are making smartphones and credit available to underserved people around the world. You will lead your team to shape and deliver on products that serve all markets including Latin America. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs.
You manage your project goals, work with Product to contribute to product strategy, drive architecture decisions, and design simple, scalable solutions to solve technical problems for our partners and end-users.
Ultimately, your work directly contributes to the project's mission.
Software engineering teams work all across the company. Operating with scale and speed, our world-class software engineers are just getting started. As a manager, you guide the way for them. In doing so, you are also able to make technical tradeoffs and clearly prioritize tasks for Engineers in the team.
You will also work closely and gain the respect of other teams including Business Development, Data Science and Customer Support.
- Manage a software engineering team that builds, designs, implements and maintains products based on Mexico City
Manage robust and scalable systems in order to get ahead of this project's growth.
- Set goals, strategies, budgets, and oversee deployment of large-scale projects across multiple sites.
- Influence and establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes and tools.
- Manage collaboration with cross-functional Engineering, Product and other stakeholder teams to ensure successful delivery of products.
- Collaborate with Partners to sense requirements and ensure successful adoption of products.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or closely related field.
- 10 years of experience leading software engineering teams (mentoring junior engineers, setting technical direction, etc.). Of this, a minimum of 5 years working in software product companies.
- Experience working with and managing multiple stakeholder relationships including Product Managers, Customer Support and Sales/Business Development
- Large systems software design and development experience, including experience in Unix/Linux.
- Hands-on programming experience in a modern, commercially used programming language.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science.
- 15 years of relevant industry experience, with 5 years of hands-on technical leadership for large-scale, cloud-based, and open source projects.
- Good understanding of private and public cloud design considerations and limitations
- Solid foundation in design, data structures and algorithms, and strong analytical and debugging skills with customer-facing products experience.
- Proven track record of delivering successfully within aggressive timelines.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- High-caliber, high-performance experience at a top company, university, or equivalent.
- Experience working or studying in the US or other international context.
- Helpful to have worked with remote international teams.
- 20 days christmas bonus.
- 50% vacation bonus.
- $2,000 MXN monthly food vouchers.
- $10,000 MXN yearly gym bonus.
- $2000 USD yearly for Educational Professional Development.
- Health Insurance, family extended.
- Life insurance.
- Stock company options.